Wall St securities trader Stephen Chang, a married man in his early 30s, is seeking damages from the Hot Lap Dance Club near Madison Square Garden, after a stripper allegedly hit his face with her high heel while she was performing a lap dance for him. The club retorts that Chang did not seek first aid or report the incident to club management at the time.
Those dismissing Chang’s claim as shameless or without merit do not realise how hazardous such venues can be for patrons. In these high-risk environments, guests are susceptible to all kinds of injuries, such as:
- Eye strain, due to having to focus up close on things in low lighting
- Heart attack or stroke from raised blood pressure
- Muscle strain, back injury or hernia from supporting dancers’ weight during tricky manoeuvres
- Heat rash
- Sequin-related lacerations or abrasions
- And of course, groin strain.