In response to a number of questions and complaints about mufti day on Friday, management wanted to set out some guidelines to make sure everyone behaves in line with our shared values.
- On mufti day, everyone should feel free to make comments offensive to women, Jews, Christians, white people, men, gays and lesbians, non-Muslims, moderate Muslims and some non-moderate Muslims.
- These comments should subsequently be explained as having been taken out of context or badly translated from the original language.
- When outside the company, people should make every effort to denigrate the company in the harshest possible terms.
- When inside the company or speaking to company representatives, people should explain how this is the greatest company in the world.
- Men and women should dress modestly to prevent lustful thoughts that could have a negative impact on corporate productivity.
- If women dress immodestly, they shouldn’t complain if some hungry animals eat their uncovered meat.
- If male employees are disciplined for eating the uncovered meat, the harshness of their punishment should be attributed to anti-Muslim discrimination.
- Any difficulties interpreting these guidelines are a result of them being badly translated and taken out of context.